Unanticipated levels of success delights management of Verulam Really Moving Racing Team
- Credit: Judith Parry
Management of Verulam Really Moving have looked back with pride on a successful debut season.
Formed last winter the race team of Verulam Cycling Club took second in the team competition of the Central Road Race League and had five in the top 20 of the individual rankings.
Team manager Liz McKie said: “I could never have anticipated the success the team would have.
“The camaraderie and support from other team members makes it so great to be part of.
“In an effort to further develop our team we have a signed a number of new women and junior riders for 2018 and I am really looking forward to the new season.”
You may also want to watch:
With the road events over, the cyclo cross season takes the focus and Tom Martin continued his fine form.
He was third junior at Grafham Water in round seven of the Eastern Cross League Series, a result matched by Michael Parry in the senior race.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'