Tymon-McEwan claims gold with new PB at Lee Valley
ALICIA Tymon-McEwan knocked almost two tenths of a second off her 60m hurdles personal best as the St Albans AC athlete secured the gold medal at the South of England Indoor championships at the Lee Valley Indoor Athletics centre on Saturday. Competing in
ALICIA Tymon-McEwan knocked almost two tenths of a second off her 60m hurdles personal best as the St Albans AC athlete secured the gold medal at the South of England Indoor championships at the Lee Valley Indoor Athletics centre on Saturday.
Competing in the U15s Girls category, Tymon-McEwan recorded a time of 9.25 secs and reversed form with Morgan Lake, from the Windsor, Slough, Eton & Hounslow club, who had beaten her at a warm-up meeting earlier this month.
The performance places Tymon-McEwan top of the indoor rankings so far this year and makes her one of the main contenders for the National Championships which take place in Birmingham at the end of next month.
The winning performance was the highlight of the efforts from St Albans AC athletes in the first major competition of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Other creditable efforts came from Jake Awe (U17s 200m) and Catherine Mackintosh (U17s 1,500m), who both finished fifth in their respective finals, plus semi-finalists Christian Gaddes (U17s 60m hurdles), Carl Palin (U17s 200m) and Luke Yaxley (U17s 60m hurdles and 200m).
Awe, Gaddes and Yaxley all did enough to join Tymon-McEwan at the National Championships.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Miwa Sykes (U15s 60m) also recorded her first sub-nine seconds run.