Two titles for Harpenden Bowls Club at district’s finals day
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowls Club snared two titles at the St Albans & District Bowling Association ladies’ finals day.
A tightly contested all-Harpenden affair in the Australian Pairs, saw Val Christiaans and Dena Roberts overcome Janet Hubball and Linda Newby, by a win and a draw in sets.
And there was an exciting end to the Pairs final as Newby and Linda Brookes overcame their Hatfield opponents 32-22.
At one time they trailed 18-13 but 12 shots gained over the last two ends allowed them to power to victory.
Lesley Tutt came up against an in-form Judy West from Harperbury BC in the Championship Singles.
You may also want to watch:
And there was another close game that went to the wire over in the Men’s finals as David Brookes lost by one shot to WGC’s Neil Sharp.
And Harps’ County League squad did superbly to reach the divisional final where they went down to Welwyn & District.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans