Two Striders honour Boston Marathon bomb victims
- Credit: Archant
Two St Albans Striders were among the 36,000 runners that took to the streets of Boston to honour the three killed and 260 injured at last year’s marathon in the city.
All the runners observed a moment of silence before the run and over half a million people came out to support them.
Martin Whitworth finished in 2hrs 50mins 49secs and Gary Warren in 3hrs 7mins 48secs.
Elsewhere, in the Maidenhead Good Friday 10 mile race, Graham Smith was 20th in 59mins 8secs, Graham Foster (1:01.23) was 35th, Craig Dowie finished in 1hr 8mins 21secs and Mark Travers in 1hr 16mins 39secs.
Mark Castleton led the St Albans 5k Parkrun in a time of 17mins 44secs with Mark Taplin (18:13) fourth and Mike Jubb (18:57) 10th.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Nichol was first veteran and eighth overall in the Eton Dorney 10k in a time of 42mins. Ian Hirth finished the Richmond Park 10k in 46mins 31secs.
Jack Brooks ran the Stratford on Avon Cricket Club Marathon in 5hrs 7mins. Andrew Maher ran the Compton Downland 40 mile Challenge in 8hrs.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
In the Huntingdon 5-mile all-terrain race Nairn McWilliams was fifth overall in 31mins 56secs. Jack Brooks finished in 39mins, good for second vet 60/69, ahead of Caroline Skyrme (52:13) and David Skyrme (52:34).
The Striders 10k is on May 11; visit www.stalbansstriders.com for details. For details the St Albans Parkrun, visit www.parkrun.org.uk/stalbans.