Two points dropped for St Peter’s
Missed chances cost Saints
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 2 AFC Hertford 2
ST PETER’S dropped two valuable points in their push for promotion after being held to a draw by AFC Hertford.
The Saints had already beaten their opponents twice earlier in the season and fancied themselves to complete the hat-trick but a number of late withdrawals weakened the Saints’ line up.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the reshuffle the Saints didn’t look too disjointed and they took the lead when Harry Cunningham’s header was glanced into his own net by an AFC Hertford defender.
The home side’s lead lasted all of two minutes though as Hertford took advantage of the space afforded them allowing a striker to get in on goal and level matters.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Both sides were guilty of being sloppy in possession but it was St Peter’s who restored their lead when a fortunate break saw the ball fall to Michael Davies and he swept his shot wide of the ‘keeper and into the net.
The Saints created the better of the opportunities after the break but couldn’t add to their lead and they were made to pay late on when they failed to deal with a ball into the box and Hertford levelled for the second time.
Jermaine Davey could have won it late on for St Peter’s when he was faced with only the ‘keeper to beat but he couldn’t deliver bringing an end to a frustrating afternoon for the home side.
St Peter’s fellow promotion hopefuls Hertford Heath are the visitors to Colney Heath this weekend (KO 3pm).
St Peter’s: Barnes; Eames (Beswick), Carman, Wiltshire, Pooley (Stevens); Davies, Cunningham, Gauthier, Ellis, Jones; Taylor, Davey.