Two out of three for youngsters
IT was a good weekend for the Old Albanians Under 14s with two of their three sides in action notching wins. The A team overcame the wet and windy conditions to run in seven tries in their 43-0 demolition of Twickenham. Joel McNeil was the star of the sho
IT was a good weekend for the Old Albanians Under 14s with two of their three sides in action notching wins.
The A team overcame the wet and windy conditions to run in seven tries in their 43-0 demolition of Twickenham. Joel McNeil was the star of the show scoring three tries, with Billy Sach (two), Harry Mack and Mickey Seymour also crossing the whitewash to send the team three points clear at the top of Division One.
The B team claimed their first win of the season with an impressive 30-5 win over Cheshunt.
Unfortunately the C team couldn't make it a hat trick of wins despite a battling performance against a strong Welwyn side, eventually going down 29-19.
In the Minis section, the OA Under 10s Orange recorded two victories over local rivals Watford. Some thunderous tackling helped OAs to win the first game 6-0 with tries coming from Harry Deeks, Quinn, Jack Tahesh, Paul Greener, Adam Ford and Jasper Williamson.
Buoyed by their earlier performance, the team exerted so much pressure on their hosts that they ran out convincing 10-0 winners. Tahesh, Quinn and Joseph all helped themselves to two tries with Ford, Cameron Pearce, Thomas Murphy and Greener also scoring.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 6 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 7 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 8 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 9 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The Man of the Match award went to Tahesh who was effective in defence, and always ready and looking to pass to a teammate.