Two out of three for youngsters
IT was a good weekend for the Old Albanians Under 14s with two of their three sides in action notching wins. The A team overcame the wet and windy conditions to run in seven tries in their 43-0 demolition of Twickenham. Joel McNeil was the star of the sho
IT was a good weekend for the Old Albanians Under 14s with two of their three sides in action notching wins.
The A team overcame the wet and windy conditions to run in seven tries in their 43-0 demolition of Twickenham. Joel McNeil was the star of the show scoring three tries, with Billy Sach (two), Harry Mack and Mickey Seymour also crossing the whitewash to send the team three points clear at the top of Division One.
The B team claimed their first win of the season with an impressive 30-5 win over Cheshunt.
Unfortunately the C team couldn't make it a hat trick of wins despite a battling performance against a strong Welwyn side, eventually going down 29-19.
You may also want to watch:
In the Minis section, the OA Under 10s Orange recorded two victories over local rivals Watford. Some thunderous tackling helped OAs to win the first game 6-0 with tries coming from Harry Deeks, Quinn, Jack Tahesh, Paul Greener, Adam Ford and Jasper Williamson.
Buoyed by their earlier performance, the team exerted so much pressure on their hosts that they ran out convincing 10-0 winners. Tahesh, Quinn and Joseph all helped themselves to two tries with Ford, Cameron Pearce, Thomas Murphy and Greener also scoring.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The Man of the Match award went to Tahesh who was effective in defence, and always ready and looking to pass to a teammate.