Two out of three for youngsters
IT was a good weekend for the Old Albanians Under 14s with two of their three sides in action notching wins. The A team overcame the wet and windy conditions to run in seven tries in their 43-0 demolition of Twickenham. Joel McNeil was the star of the sho
IT was a good weekend for the Old Albanians Under 14s with two of their three sides in action notching wins.
The A team overcame the wet and windy conditions to run in seven tries in their 43-0 demolition of Twickenham. Joel McNeil was the star of the show scoring three tries, with Billy Sach (two), Harry Mack and Mickey Seymour also crossing the whitewash to send the team three points clear at the top of Division One.
The B team claimed their first win of the season with an impressive 30-5 win over Cheshunt.
Unfortunately the C team couldn't make it a hat trick of wins despite a battling performance against a strong Welwyn side, eventually going down 29-19.
You may also want to watch:
In the Minis section, the OA Under 10s Orange recorded two victories over local rivals Watford. Some thunderous tackling helped OAs to win the first game 6-0 with tries coming from Harry Deeks, Quinn, Jack Tahesh, Paul Greener, Adam Ford and Jasper Williamson.
Buoyed by their earlier performance, the team exerted so much pressure on their hosts that they ran out convincing 10-0 winners. Tahesh, Quinn and Joseph all helped themselves to two tries with Ford, Cameron Pearce, Thomas Murphy and Greener also scoring.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
The Man of the Match award went to Tahesh who was effective in defence, and always ready and looking to pass to a teammate.