Verulam Reallymoving enjoying mud just as much as road as the wins keep coming
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving cyclists are showing they are just as quick over mud as tarmac with two more cyclo-cross wins.
Alfie Aldridge got things going with a success in the U16 race at the Central Cyclo-cross League event in Leighton Buzzard, following up his victory at Hemel one week earlier.
He said: “The course was flat and fast with lots of long straights which gave me an advantage as I was able to comfortably power away from the other riders.
“By the end I had a decent lead to take the win.
“I’m looking forward to racing at Whipsnade this weekend and trying to make it three in a row.”
You may also want to watch:
Alarik Knox got the team’s second appearance on the top step of the podium in the U10 race.
They also managed a fourth for John Jones in the V50 category and a sixth for Matt Watson in the juniors while Tom Martin was third junior in the Eastern League.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
Back on the road Jared Millar took the title ahead of Will Smith at the Verulam CC hill climb.