Verulam Reallymoving enjoying mud just as much as road as the wins keep coming
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving cyclists are showing they are just as quick over mud as tarmac with two more cyclo-cross wins.
Alfie Aldridge got things going with a success in the U16 race at the Central Cyclo-cross League event in Leighton Buzzard, following up his victory at Hemel one week earlier.
He said: “The course was flat and fast with lots of long straights which gave me an advantage as I was able to comfortably power away from the other riders.
“By the end I had a decent lead to take the win.
“I’m looking forward to racing at Whipsnade this weekend and trying to make it three in a row.”
Alarik Knox got the team’s second appearance on the top step of the podium in the U10 race.
They also managed a fourth for John Jones in the V50 category and a sixth for Matt Watson in the juniors while Tom Martin was third junior in the Eastern League.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
Back on the road Jared Millar took the title ahead of Will Smith at the Verulam CC hill climb.