Verulam Reallymoving enjoying mud just as much as road as the wins keep coming
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving cyclists are showing they are just as quick over mud as tarmac with two more cyclo-cross wins.
Alfie Aldridge got things going with a success in the U16 race at the Central Cyclo-cross League event in Leighton Buzzard, following up his victory at Hemel one week earlier.
He said: “The course was flat and fast with lots of long straights which gave me an advantage as I was able to comfortably power away from the other riders.
“By the end I had a decent lead to take the win.
“I’m looking forward to racing at Whipsnade this weekend and trying to make it three in a row.”
You may also want to watch:
Alarik Knox got the team’s second appearance on the top step of the podium in the U10 race.
They also managed a fourth for John Jones in the V50 category and a sixth for Matt Watson in the juniors while Tom Martin was third junior in the Eastern League.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Back on the road Jared Millar took the title ahead of Will Smith at the Verulam CC hill climb.