Verulam Reallymoving enjoying mud just as much as road as the wins keep coming
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving cyclists are showing they are just as quick over mud as tarmac with two more cyclo-cross wins.
Alfie Aldridge got things going with a success in the U16 race at the Central Cyclo-cross League event in Leighton Buzzard, following up his victory at Hemel one week earlier.
He said: “The course was flat and fast with lots of long straights which gave me an advantage as I was able to comfortably power away from the other riders.
“By the end I had a decent lead to take the win.
“I’m looking forward to racing at Whipsnade this weekend and trying to make it three in a row.”
Alarik Knox got the team’s second appearance on the top step of the podium in the U10 race.
They also managed a fourth for John Jones in the V50 category and a sixth for Matt Watson in the juniors while Tom Martin was third junior in the Eastern League.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 6 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 7 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 10 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
Back on the road Jared Millar took the title ahead of Will Smith at the Verulam CC hill climb.