Two goals for Jordan Nobbs as Arsenal Ladies win the cup
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Nobbs scored twice as Arsenal ladies lifted the Continental Tyres Cup – their fourth success in five years.
Nobbs scored twice in the first half at Rotherham United’s New York Stadium, with Chioma Ubogagu’s late strike completing a 3-0 win over Notts County.
Speaking the thefa.com, London Colney’s Nobbs said the win was vital for the club.
She said: “It was disappointing to finish third in the league so to win that trophy was crucial to us.
“We need to make sure we’re not coming third in the league again next year.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t feel like we’ve let anybody down, but we really needed to come home with that trophy to show to everyone that we’re still fighting for every single thing.”
The former Sunderland-star was also delighted to get on the score-sheet.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
She added: “I’m very proud of what we’ve done as a team in this tournament and I was very determined to get a goal – luckily two of them have come off.
“The three goals we scored show how determined we were to win the trophy.”