Two goals for Jordan Nobbs as Arsenal Ladies win the cup
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Nobbs scored twice as Arsenal ladies lifted the Continental Tyres Cup – their fourth success in five years.
Nobbs scored twice in the first half at Rotherham United’s New York Stadium, with Chioma Ubogagu’s late strike completing a 3-0 win over Notts County.
Speaking the thefa.com, London Colney’s Nobbs said the win was vital for the club.
She said: “It was disappointing to finish third in the league so to win that trophy was crucial to us.
“We need to make sure we’re not coming third in the league again next year.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t feel like we’ve let anybody down, but we really needed to come home with that trophy to show to everyone that we’re still fighting for every single thing.”
The former Sunderland-star was also delighted to get on the score-sheet.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
She added: “I’m very proud of what we’ve done as a team in this tournament and I was very determined to get a goal – luckily two of them have come off.
“The three goals we scored show how determined we were to win the trophy.”