Two goals for Jordan Nobbs as Arsenal Ladies win the cup
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Nobbs scored twice as Arsenal ladies lifted the Continental Tyres Cup – their fourth success in five years.
Nobbs scored twice in the first half at Rotherham United’s New York Stadium, with Chioma Ubogagu’s late strike completing a 3-0 win over Notts County.
Speaking the thefa.com, London Colney’s Nobbs said the win was vital for the club.
She said: “It was disappointing to finish third in the league so to win that trophy was crucial to us.
“We need to make sure we’re not coming third in the league again next year.
“We don’t feel like we’ve let anybody down, but we really needed to come home with that trophy to show to everyone that we’re still fighting for every single thing.”
The former Sunderland-star was also delighted to get on the score-sheet.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 7 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 8 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
She added: “I’m very proud of what we’ve done as a team in this tournament and I was very determined to get a goal – luckily two of them have come off.
“The three goals we scored show how determined we were to win the trophy.”