Try-hero Lewis puts in Man of the Match display for OAs
OLD Albanian Under 15s travelled to Bedford for their opening fixture in the Herts Middlesex League. The team from Woollams were missing some key players due to injury and fought well in the early stages to keep Bedford out. Charlie Deacon, Ernie Hill
OLD Albanian Under 15s travelled to Bedford for their opening fixture in the Herts Middlesex League.
The team from Woollams were missing some key players due to injury and fought well in the early stages to keep Bedford out. Charlie Deacon, Ernie Hill and Jack Massie impressed with the strength of their tackling.
OAs scored when Man of the Match Lewis Gaffney stole the ball and surged through the Bedford defence to score under the posts.
Just before the break, James Loveman collected a high ball in his own half and after a mazy run set up Lewis Gaffney for a spectacular second try. With the conversion made, OAs led 12-5 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Bedford hit back with two unanswered tries and won the match 15-12.
OA Under 15s Second XV hosted Datchworth and after losing momentum due to injuries went down 43-0. James Griffiths and Charlie Williams were in fine form for OAs, showing great strength in the tackle.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
The OA Under 14s pulled off a convincing double away victory against strong Newbury teams at the weekend. The A team put in a stunning second half performance to complete a 43-12 victory. The B team turned in a polished display with fine passing, running and tackling to win 46-5.
The OA Under 10s Minis Orange team drew 0-0 in their first match with Welwyn A and in the reply OAs went on to win 3-1. Tries from John Greener, Jasper Williamson and Harry Deeks secured a well deserved victory.
Man of the Match was Ryan Owen who showed impressive form before he was unfortunately injured.