Try-hero Lewis puts in Man of the Match display for OAs
OLD Albanian Under 15s travelled to Bedford for their opening fixture in the Herts Middlesex League. The team from Woollams were missing some key players due to injury and fought well in the early stages to keep Bedford out. Charlie Deacon, Ernie Hill
OLD Albanian Under 15s travelled to Bedford for their opening fixture in the Herts Middlesex League.
The team from Woollams were missing some key players due to injury and fought well in the early stages to keep Bedford out. Charlie Deacon, Ernie Hill and Jack Massie impressed with the strength of their tackling.
OAs scored when Man of the Match Lewis Gaffney stole the ball and surged through the Bedford defence to score under the posts.
Just before the break, James Loveman collected a high ball in his own half and after a mazy run set up Lewis Gaffney for a spectacular second try. With the conversion made, OAs led 12-5 at the break.
In the second half Bedford hit back with two unanswered tries and won the match 15-12.
OA Under 15s Second XV hosted Datchworth and after losing momentum due to injuries went down 43-0. James Griffiths and Charlie Williams were in fine form for OAs, showing great strength in the tackle.
- 1 Club night revival in St Albans
- 2 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 3 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 4 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 5 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 6 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 7 Cock fight ends Company of Ten's first-rate season at the Abbey Theatre
- 8 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
The OA Under 14s pulled off a convincing double away victory against strong Newbury teams at the weekend. The A team put in a stunning second half performance to complete a 43-12 victory. The B team turned in a polished display with fine passing, running and tackling to win 46-5.
The OA Under 10s Minis Orange team drew 0-0 in their first match with Welwyn A and in the reply OAs went on to win 3-1. Tries from John Greener, Jasper Williamson and Harry Deeks secured a well deserved victory.
Man of the Match was Ryan Owen who showed impressive form before he was unfortunately injured.