Trounce fires Colney Heath Ladies into cup final
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies booked their place in the final of the League Plate after beating Offley and Stopsley.
Faith Trounce scored the only goal of the game in the second half to set up a meeting with Royston Town.
Colney started the game strongly, pressing high up the pitch with great tempo. Within the first ten minutes Colney produced some long range shots on goal but to no avail.
The opposition responded well, trying to open up the Magpie’s defence with some long balls but the defence and goalkeeper, Sasha Tucker, were rarely troubled in a goalless first half.
The second half started with some exciting end-to-end play, but neither side could find a breakthrough. That was until the Trounce collected the ball after the referee played advantage following a strong challenge on Kelly Hancock and looped the ball over the goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
With just five minutes to go, Offley Ladies hit the post but the luck was firmly with Heath who held on to progress to the final.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend