Trounce fires Colney Heath Ladies into cup final
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies booked their place in the final of the League Plate after beating Offley and Stopsley.
Faith Trounce scored the only goal of the game in the second half to set up a meeting with Royston Town.
Colney started the game strongly, pressing high up the pitch with great tempo. Within the first ten minutes Colney produced some long range shots on goal but to no avail.
The opposition responded well, trying to open up the Magpie’s defence with some long balls but the defence and goalkeeper, Sasha Tucker, were rarely troubled in a goalless first half.
The second half started with some exciting end-to-end play, but neither side could find a breakthrough. That was until the Trounce collected the ball after the referee played advantage following a strong challenge on Kelly Hancock and looped the ball over the goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
With just five minutes to go, Offley Ladies hit the post but the luck was firmly with Heath who held on to progress to the final.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25