Tributes paid to Steve Oakley, founder of Herts Ad Sunday League side Harpenden Colts Old Boys
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid after the death of Steve Oakley, the founder of Herts Ad Sunday League side Harpenden Colts Old Boys.
Steve established the old boys in 2008 and the team he managed won successive divisional titles as they progressed from Division Three to the Premier Division.
Steve established the old boys side in 2008 and he managed the team as they won successive divisional titles and progressed from Division Three up to the Premier Division.
His and the team’s greatest success came in 2011 when they defeated Queens Head Sandridge 5-0 in the Knockout Cup final, a performance that pulsated with skill and excitement from start to finish.
After standing down as first team manager Steve became president of the club.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Steve will be sorely missed by all, not least the Colts family which includes Colts Old Boys past and present and those who remember him from his Harpenden Colts days when he managed and coached the Tigers squad from U7 to U18 inclusive.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park