Tributes paid to long-time St Albans City Youth supporter Fred Miniken
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to a former manager of St Albans City Youth Football Club.
Fred Miniken, who was a long-time supporter of the youth sides over many years, passed away on Monday night surrounded by his family at Shrewsbury hospital.
Fred was also a dedicated member of the City Youth Committee under the chairmanship of first George Walker and then Mervyn Morgan, providing advice and guidance with a huge amount of knowledge.
St Albans City’s historian Dave Tavener said: “Many will remember Fred from his time connected to St Albans City Youth and it was a sad day when he upped sticks and moved from his home in Batchwood Drive to the Welsh border.”
Speaking on the City Youth website, a spokesman said: “Fred will be missed by all at both St Albans City Youth and St Albans City FC.
You may also want to watch:
“Our condolences go to Fred’s family at this sad time.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park