Tri-Force HSV May Triathlon is a huge success
- Credit: Archant
THE Tri-Force HSV May Triathlon took place last week at the Hertfordshire Sports Village in Hatfield.
The popular event saw 204 entrants competing in a 400m pool swim, followed by a 20km bike and then a 5km run.
In the overall standings, Rob Quantrell of Tri Camp Race Team put in a stunning performance to convincingly win the race in a terrific time of 57mins 35secs. Paul Lucas came in second, closely followed by Panagiotis Kyrtatos from Tri London triathlon club.
The ladies race was won this year by Kathryn Berry, also from Tri Camp Race Team, with an incredibly fast time, which also put her in 10th place overall. Lientjie de Villiers, from local club Tri-Force finished second in the ladies race and Christine Pout finished third.
The event also raised money and awareness for Pancreatic Cancer UK.
You may also want to watch:
The next event will be held on the September 8 and is an ideal opportunity for anyone interested in trying out a multisport event, and is selling out fast. For anyone interested in a similar event but just swimming and running, Tri Force is also organising an aquathlon at the same venue on June 15. To enter these events or find more information, go to www.activetrainingworld.co.uk.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan