Travers completes 250th Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Strider Mark Travers completed his 250th Parkrun on Valentine’s Day at Bushy Park, London, the site of very first Parkrun in 2004.
His time of 22:03 on Saturday was one second quicker than his first ever Parkrun back in 2009. He was joined on the day by fellow Striders Deborah Steer, Howard Bull and Hannah Martin.
Travers joins an exclusive club of people who have completed 250 Parkruns and will soon get his hands on a free t-shirt from the organisers marking his achievement.
Wendy Walsh was the first female in Saturday’s St Albans Parkrun and then took second place at the Sunday Cross Country League race in Royston. Jen Conway was sixth, followed by Liz Walls, Mandy Attree, Caroline Skyrme. John Ockenden finished for the men.
Si Fraser set a new PB (1:19:30) at the Baldock Beast while Tom Crouch and Claire Hallissey won the men’s and women’s races at the new Welwyn 10k.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Graham Smith successfully defended his title at the Reigate Priory Park 10k, with a time of 37:30 and Jack Brooks completed a very muddy and slippery Valentine’s Day marathon in 5:39:00.
Last weekend, Sabastiano Pomata ran the Craven Cottage 10k, organised by Fulham FC, , in 42:28.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development