Travers completes 250th Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Strider Mark Travers completed his 250th Parkrun on Valentine’s Day at Bushy Park, London, the site of very first Parkrun in 2004.
His time of 22:03 on Saturday was one second quicker than his first ever Parkrun back in 2009. He was joined on the day by fellow Striders Deborah Steer, Howard Bull and Hannah Martin.
Travers joins an exclusive club of people who have completed 250 Parkruns and will soon get his hands on a free t-shirt from the organisers marking his achievement.
Wendy Walsh was the first female in Saturday’s St Albans Parkrun and then took second place at the Sunday Cross Country League race in Royston. Jen Conway was sixth, followed by Liz Walls, Mandy Attree, Caroline Skyrme. John Ockenden finished for the men.
Si Fraser set a new PB (1:19:30) at the Baldock Beast while Tom Crouch and Claire Hallissey won the men’s and women’s races at the new Welwyn 10k.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Graham Smith successfully defended his title at the Reigate Priory Park 10k, with a time of 37:30 and Jack Brooks completed a very muddy and slippery Valentine’s Day marathon in 5:39:00.
Last weekend, Sabastiano Pomata ran the Craven Cottage 10k, organised by Fulham FC, , in 42:28.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan