Trampoling: Roundwood Park flourish at National Finals
- Credit: Archant
Roundwood Park’s trampolining squad made its mark on the National Finals with one individual champion and two top four team finishes.
Held in Gateshead, the day started with the U15 boys’ competition. After completing impressive voluntary routines, Noah Hume was crowned national champion and Nathan McGreevy took fourth place.
In the U13 girls’ competition all four of Roundwood Park’s squad – Courtney, Ellie, Faye and Claire – got through both routines with good scores and earned them third place, an impressive result in a tough field.
In the U19 girls’ event Roundwood Park had Phoebe Ranger, Lauren McKenzie, Hester Moore and Emily Kennedy as a team, with Ranger and Kennedy also in the individual competition.
The competition was very tight as the scores were very close. However, the girls managed to pull through and come third as a team while Ranger came fourth individually.
You may also want to watch:
Kennedy said: “Overall the day was very successful but the squad could not have done it without our coach [Pauline] Moxham, who gives up hours to help us train and achieve our potential, and [Matthew] Hunter, who supports the squad in all our competitions. A huge thank you to both.”
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 10 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart