Trampoling: Roundwood Park flourish at National Finals
- Credit: Archant
Roundwood Park’s trampolining squad made its mark on the National Finals with one individual champion and two top four team finishes.
Held in Gateshead, the day started with the U15 boys’ competition. After completing impressive voluntary routines, Noah Hume was crowned national champion and Nathan McGreevy took fourth place.
In the U13 girls’ competition all four of Roundwood Park’s squad – Courtney, Ellie, Faye and Claire – got through both routines with good scores and earned them third place, an impressive result in a tough field.
In the U19 girls’ event Roundwood Park had Phoebe Ranger, Lauren McKenzie, Hester Moore and Emily Kennedy as a team, with Ranger and Kennedy also in the individual competition.
The competition was very tight as the scores were very close. However, the girls managed to pull through and come third as a team while Ranger came fourth individually.
You may also want to watch:
Kennedy said: “Overall the day was very successful but the squad could not have done it without our coach [Pauline] Moxham, who gives up hours to help us train and achieve our potential, and [Matthew] Hunter, who supports the squad in all our competitions. A huge thank you to both.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly