Traditional season opener down at St Albans Bowling Club
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Bowling Club season was officially opened by the mayor, Councillor Salih Gaygusuz.
As is the tradition, the mayor bowled the first wood of the year at the Club’s Clarence Park Ground on Saturday before 50 or so members then played a club match.
A club spokesman said: “A very enjoyable occasion with which to start what we hope will be a successful season.”
The club play their first friendly on Saturday at home to Wardown Park.
On Sunday the club held an open day to give members of the public a chance to “try their hand” at bowls.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “This was a welcome venture and thoroughly enjoyed by all. Many of them have signed up for free coaching which is run by qualified coaches.”
A few places are still available on the course. Anyone interested should contact Clare or Colin on 01727 854129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans