Traditional season opener down at St Albans Bowling Club
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Bowling Club season was officially opened by the mayor, Councillor Salih Gaygusuz.
As is the tradition, the mayor bowled the first wood of the year at the Club’s Clarence Park Ground on Saturday before 50 or so members then played a club match.
A club spokesman said: “A very enjoyable occasion with which to start what we hope will be a successful season.”
The club play their first friendly on Saturday at home to Wardown Park.
On Sunday the club held an open day to give members of the public a chance to “try their hand” at bowls.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “This was a welcome venture and thoroughly enjoyed by all. Many of them have signed up for free coaching which is run by qualified coaches.”
A few places are still available on the course. Anyone interested should contact Clare or Colin on 01727 854129 or email email@example.com
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common