Townsend Bowls Club opening their doors with all new members welcome
- Credit: TOWNSEND BC
Townsend Bowls Club are hoping to attract some new faces fed up with lockdown and ready to try their hand at a new sport.
The club, based at Waverley Road in St Albans next to Townsend Tennis Club, will open its doors on April 10 for a new season and will offer guidance and tuition to all newcomers from then on.
A spokesman for the club said: "Our green is generally considered to be one of the best in the county and our clubhouse and facilities are equally exceptional.
"We have two highly experienced county coaches who will be happy to advise and help turn you from novice into competent bowler in double quick time.
"All you need to bring is a pair of flat-soled shoes or trainers. We will provide the rest.
"And although COVID-19 restrictions are beginning to relax, we will, of course, be respecting all prevailing guidance."
To book an introductory session call 01727 852361.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty