Townsend Bowls Club opening their doors with all new members welcome
- Credit: TOWNSEND BC
Townsend Bowls Club are hoping to attract some new faces fed up with lockdown and ready to try their hand at a new sport.
The club, based at Waverley Road in St Albans next to Townsend Tennis Club, will open its doors on April 10 for a new season and will offer guidance and tuition to all newcomers from then on.
A spokesman for the club said: "Our green is generally considered to be one of the best in the county and our clubhouse and facilities are equally exceptional.
"We have two highly experienced county coaches who will be happy to advise and help turn you from novice into competent bowler in double quick time.
"All you need to bring is a pair of flat-soled shoes or trainers. We will provide the rest.
"And although COVID-19 restrictions are beginning to relax, we will, of course, be respecting all prevailing guidance."
To book an introductory session call 01727 852361.
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 7 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind