Townsend Bowls Club opening their doors with all new members welcome
- Credit: TOWNSEND BC
Townsend Bowls Club are hoping to attract some new faces fed up with lockdown and ready to try their hand at a new sport.
The club, based at Waverley Road in St Albans next to Townsend Tennis Club, will open its doors on April 10 for a new season and will offer guidance and tuition to all newcomers from then on.
A spokesman for the club said: "Our green is generally considered to be one of the best in the county and our clubhouse and facilities are equally exceptional.
"We have two highly experienced county coaches who will be happy to advise and help turn you from novice into competent bowler in double quick time.
"All you need to bring is a pair of flat-soled shoes or trainers. We will provide the rest.
"And although COVID-19 restrictions are beginning to relax, we will, of course, be respecting all prevailing guidance."
To book an introductory session call 01727 852361.
- 1 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 2 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 3 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 6 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 7 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 8 Mumpreneurs launch reusable colouring sheets to protect environment
- 9 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 10 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden