Townsend Bowls Club gearing up for action-packed centenary season
- Credit: Archant
It promises to be a huge year for Townsend Bowls Club as they get ready to celebarte their centenary.
The club, located in Waverley Road, were founded in 1919 and have a series of special matches against touring teams such as London Welsh and London Scottish, as well as fixture against St Albans & District.
Townsend boasts an expansive modern clubhouse with a private members bar including picture windows that provide a spectacular view of the bowls matches below.
The season officially gets underway on April 14 when the green is opened but a day prior to that there will be an open day running between 10am and 3pm.
Our two County coaches will be on hand to advise, so why not come along and give bowls a try! All that is required is for you to wear flat shoes -we will provide everything else!
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to arrange an introductory session, contact Clyde Martindill on 01727 852361.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 9 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines