Townsend beat District side
TOWNSEND triumphed in the District challenge as they built on their recent success in the Maurice Watson trophy. On Wednesday, May 14 as part of their 50th anniversary celebrations District President Alan Britoil took a strong team
TOWNSEND triumphed in the District challenge as they built on their recent success in the Maurice Watson trophy.
On Wednesday, May 14 as part of their 50th anniversary celebrations District President Alan Britoil brought a strong team and the match was played in a wonderful spirit. Townsend took the win by 117 shots to 109 which delighted Townsend President Stuart Mather.
At the weekend the club defeated Rosedale (Cheshunt) 3-2 in the EBA top club and then won in the EBA 2 fours at Harperbury by 52 shots to 23.
This weekend sees the club back in District League action on Sunday with a derby against Hemel Hempstead following a 3 rink friendly on Saturday against De Havilland. Both games at Waverley Road start at 2.30pm and spectators are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
Following the successful open day in April the club are inviting new members/potential members to join them on this Bank Holiday Monday. Contact Stuart Mather on 01727 832785 for more details.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward