Townsend beat District side
TOWNSEND triumphed in the District challenge as they built on their recent success in the Maurice Watson trophy. On Wednesday, May 14 as part of their 50th anniversary celebrations District President Alan Britoil took a strong team
TOWNSEND triumphed in the District challenge as they built on their recent success in the Maurice Watson trophy.
On Wednesday, May 14 as part of their 50th anniversary celebrations District President Alan Britoil brought a strong team and the match was played in a wonderful spirit. Townsend took the win by 117 shots to 109 which delighted Townsend President Stuart Mather.
At the weekend the club defeated Rosedale (Cheshunt) 3-2 in the EBA top club and then won in the EBA 2 fours at Harperbury by 52 shots to 23.
This weekend sees the club back in District League action on Sunday with a derby against Hemel Hempstead following a 3 rink friendly on Saturday against De Havilland. Both games at Waverley Road start at 2.30pm and spectators are welcome.
You may also want to watch:
Following the successful open day in April the club are inviting new members/potential members to join them on this Bank Holiday Monday. Contact Stuart Mather on 01727 832785 for more details.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe