Town Reserves maintain pressure on league leaders
Town come from behind to beat Buckingham
Harpenden Town Reserves 2
Buckingham Athletic Reserves 1
HARPENDEN Town Reserves came from behind to beat their Buckingham counterparts at Rothamsted Park on Saturday.
Having previously dropped two points away to them, Town were keen not to repeat this again and they started brightly. Within the first 20 minutes Town created several good chances but some great keeping from the Buckingham stopper kept the scores level.
You may also want to watch:
Then, against the run of play, an absolute shocking piece of defending allowed Buckingham to pinch the lead. Town kept dominating and five minutes before the interval Aaron Baker burst down the wing and his cross flew over the ‘keeper into the back of the net.
The second half saw Town completely dominate without converting any of their chances before the introduction of Stuart Love and Chris Ellis saw Town find their cutting edge.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
With Alfie Plumb beating the full back at will it was only a matter of time before the deadlock was broken. The winning goal eventually came after some great interplay between Conor Maher and Ollie saw Alfie Plumb released and he found Ben Warren on the edge of the box, who calmly swivelled and rifled a sweet shot in to the top right hand corner.
Town Reserves are now just three point of the top with a game in hand and now face Bletchley at home on Saturday, KO 3pm.
Town: McClean, Hamer, Baker, Ross, Eaton, Poole, Maher, Plumb, Beazle (Love) Warren (Chugg), Airey (Ellis).