Town prepare for new campaign
New boss Ryan Thompson looking forward to new season
HARPENDEN Town have begun pre-season training ahead of manager Ryan Thompson’s first season in charge.
Former Park Street Village boss Thompson agreed to join the Amenbury Lane club at the end of last season following Christian Garzarolli’s departure and is looking to improve on the club’s 12th placed finish in Spartan South Midlands Division One last term.
“We’ll see if we can improve on last season’s position because that is the most important thing,” Thompson told the Herts Advertiser.
“It’ll be a difficult league this year, you’ve got St Albans City’s reserves in there, Welwyn Garden City have come down and London Colney are a good side too.”
You may also want to watch:
A few players have followed Thompson in switching Park Street for Harpenden and there will be a few other new faces coming in.
“We’ve had a couple of new players come along to training,” explained Thompson.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
“A few of the Park Street lads have come across and the majority of the Harpenden boys are staying on.”
Town have lined up friendlies with St Peter’s, Baldock Town, South Hill Alexander and Leighton Town.
Pre-season training is taking place at the ground on Saturdays at 3pm and on Tuesday nights at 7.30pm. New players are welcome to attend.