Town get pre-season training underway
FOOTBALL: FOLLOWING the installment of a new coaching setup at Harpenden Town, there was a massive turnout for the first pre-season training session in Rothamsted Park on Saturday.
Forty-eight players underwent two hours of drills designed to get the lungs and legs pumping, the brain working and start the journey back to match readiness.
“‘It’s a great start to the preparations” commented reserve team manager James Nicholls. “We have some talented players here which will allow us to build a strong squad both for the first team and the reserves.”
It is not just on the pitch that Town have begun rebuilding this season with a new committee geared up to improve the club’s status off the pitch.
“Players are not all we need at Harpenden Town FC” explained the club’s vice chairman Iain Sinnott.
You may also want to watch:
“We are still building up our back room staff to take on the challenge of redeveloping the facilities. We have six new volunteers but a few more would be very helpful. So if you are looking for a new hobby and have a love of football why not get in touch.”
Harpenden Town’s season kicks off in mid-August and the club are hoping for some big crowds to help bring in the funds needed to bring the facilities up to standard.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
If you want to be part of the ‘new’ Harpenden Town story it’s not too late to register an interest. Training is every Tuesday and Thursday night at 6.45pm and Saturdays at 1pm meeting at the club, just up from the swimming pool.
The U18s will commence pre-season training soon so if you are interested in joining that squad email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and the coaches will contact you with the details.