Huge opportunity for GPN Builders cycling team as good results keep coming
- Credit: Archant
GPN Builders Rock & Road Bikes have been handed a huge opportunity in their first season – after landing a spot in the prestigious Tour Series.
The St Albans-based cycling team will take part in the televised event alongside the country’s best home-based talent, when they take to the streets of Redditch in Worcestershire.
They will now come up against the likes of Olympians Andy Tennant and Ed Clancy.
And they warmed up with yet more great results.
Adam Strudwick started things off by claiming the win in round one of the RAF MK series with Clay Davies joining him on the podium in third.
You may also want to watch:
Youngster Matt Watson then claimed his best senior result with second at the popular Milton Keynes Summer Series.
That was in the cat 3/4 race and in the higher categories, Davies got in the breakaway of the day to finish third once again, with Andy Whale 10th.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
And he completed a hat-trick of third places at the Hog Hill National B event.