Huge opportunity for GPN Builders cycling team as good results keep coming
- Credit: Archant
GPN Builders Rock & Road Bikes have been handed a huge opportunity in their first season – after landing a spot in the prestigious Tour Series.
The St Albans-based cycling team will take part in the televised event alongside the country’s best home-based talent, when they take to the streets of Redditch in Worcestershire.
They will now come up against the likes of Olympians Andy Tennant and Ed Clancy.
And they warmed up with yet more great results.
Adam Strudwick started things off by claiming the win in round one of the RAF MK series with Clay Davies joining him on the podium in third.
You may also want to watch:
Youngster Matt Watson then claimed his best senior result with second at the popular Milton Keynes Summer Series.
That was in the cat 3/4 race and in the higher categories, Davies got in the breakaway of the day to finish third once again, with Andy Whale 10th.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
And he completed a hat-trick of third places at the Hog Hill National B event.