Tottenham youngster pleased with City move
NEW City goalkeeper Lee Butcher admitted it s been a whirlwind week. On Monday night the 20-year old stopper was on the subs bench for Tottenham Hotspur reserves and 24 hours later he kept a clean sheet on his City debut. Speaking to The Herts Advertiser
NEW City goalkeeper Lee Butcher admitted it's been a whirlwind week.
On Monday night the 20-year old stopper was on the subs bench for Tottenham Hotspur reserves and 24 hours later he kept a clean sheet on his City debut.
Speaking to The Herts Advertiser, Butcher explains how the move came about: "Last night I was on the bench for the reserves for Tottenham and then on the coach I got a phone call from Tony Parks [Tottenham's goalkeeping coach] saying there's a message been left on his phone from St Albans and then it was all sorted out today at 12 o'clock."
For some players coming in at short notice would have been problematic but Butcher, who has also had a loan spell against opponents AFC Wimbledon, says he was just happy to be playing first team football.
You may also want to watch:
"To be honest it's happened before and I've gone straight in. It's good to get out and play at whatever level. For a 'keeper, a game's a game. I was happy with my performance especially as I don't really know the guys yet and I really enjoyed it.
"I thought it was a good game, I thought the team did well from front to back. I was definitely up for it - it's just a shame we didn't get the win!
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital