Tottenham youngster pleased with City move
NEW City goalkeeper Lee Butcher admitted it s been a whirlwind week. On Monday night the 20-year old stopper was on the subs bench for Tottenham Hotspur reserves and 24 hours later he kept a clean sheet on his City debut. Speaking to The Herts Advertiser
NEW City goalkeeper Lee Butcher admitted it's been a whirlwind week.
On Monday night the 20-year old stopper was on the subs bench for Tottenham Hotspur reserves and 24 hours later he kept a clean sheet on his City debut.
Speaking to The Herts Advertiser, Butcher explains how the move came about: "Last night I was on the bench for the reserves for Tottenham and then on the coach I got a phone call from Tony Parks [Tottenham's goalkeeping coach] saying there's a message been left on his phone from St Albans and then it was all sorted out today at 12 o'clock."
For some players coming in at short notice would have been problematic but Butcher, who has also had a loan spell against opponents AFC Wimbledon, says he was just happy to be playing first team football.
You may also want to watch:
"To be honest it's happened before and I've gone straight in. It's good to get out and play at whatever level. For a 'keeper, a game's a game. I was happy with my performance especially as I don't really know the guys yet and I really enjoyed it.
"I thought it was a good game, I thought the team did well from front to back. I was definitely up for it - it's just a shame we didn't get the win!
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020