Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper not returning to City
CITY boss Steve Castle has rubbished reports in the Non League Paper that he is looking to bring back Lee Butcher from Tottenham Hotspur. Butcher became an instant hit when he joined City in March as cover for Paul Bastock recording four clean sheets in s
CITY boss Steve Castle has rubbished reports in the Non League Paper that he is looking to bring back Lee Butcher from Tottenham Hotspur.
Butcher became an instant hit when he joined City in March as cover for Paul Bastock recording four clean sheets in six games but Castle says he won't be bringing the 20-year-old back because he already has the league's best goalkeeper.
"It's not true. Who wouldn't be interested in bringing Lee back? He's a great goalkeeper but the only trouble is I've already got the best goalkeeper in the league in Paul Bastock."
"If I was running Chelmsford City or AFC Wimbledon and I had two competitive goalkeepers I would but I'm not in that position," he added.
You may also want to watch:
"I would be interested if Bazza [Paul Bastock] was throwing the towel in but he wants to play next season and he will be my number one next season."
City's squad shaping has been hampered by the club's off-the-field uncertainty and Castle declined to comment on the current situation.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 10 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City