Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper not returning to City
CITY boss Steve Castle has rubbished reports in the Non League Paper that he is looking to bring back Lee Butcher from Tottenham Hotspur. Butcher became an instant hit when he joined City in March as cover for Paul Bastock recording four clean sheets in s
CITY boss Steve Castle has rubbished reports in the Non League Paper that he is looking to bring back Lee Butcher from Tottenham Hotspur.
Butcher became an instant hit when he joined City in March as cover for Paul Bastock recording four clean sheets in six games but Castle says he won't be bringing the 20-year-old back because he already has the league's best goalkeeper.
"It's not true. Who wouldn't be interested in bringing Lee back? He's a great goalkeeper but the only trouble is I've already got the best goalkeeper in the league in Paul Bastock."
"If I was running Chelmsford City or AFC Wimbledon and I had two competitive goalkeepers I would but I'm not in that position," he added.
You may also want to watch:
"I would be interested if Bazza [Paul Bastock] was throwing the towel in but he wants to play next season and he will be my number one next season."
City's squad shaping has been hampered by the club's off-the-field uncertainty and Castle declined to comment on the current situation.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden