THE cold weather wreaked havoc with the local sporting fixture list at the weekend with not a single match taking place. The combination of snow, frost and icy roads resulted in all the scheduled games being postponed. St Albans City s trip to Havant & Wa
THE cold weather wreaked havoc with the local sporting fixture list at the weekend with not a single match taking place.
The combination of snow, frost and icy roads resulted in all the scheduled games being postponed.
St Albans City's trip to Havant & Waterlooville was postponed on Friday morning and has been rearranged for Monday, February 22.
All the games in the Spartan's South Midlands leagues and the Herts Senior County leagues were also postponed but have yet to be rearranged.
You may also want to watch:
The district's rugby teams have also been hit hard by the snow.
Old Albanian were due to host North Walsham at Woollams on Saturday but the ground was under a thick blanket of snow.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
The Woollams Men will now welcome their visitors from Norfolk on Saturday, February 27.
Harpenden's home clash with Chingford and St Albans' and Tabard's trips to Imperial Medicals and Hemel Hempstead will also now be played on February 27.