THE cold weather wreaked havoc with the local sporting fixture list at the weekend with not a single match taking place. The combination of snow, frost and icy roads resulted in all the scheduled games being postponed. St Albans City s trip to Havant & Wa
THE cold weather wreaked havoc with the local sporting fixture list at the weekend with not a single match taking place.
The combination of snow, frost and icy roads resulted in all the scheduled games being postponed.
St Albans City's trip to Havant & Waterlooville was postponed on Friday morning and has been rearranged for Monday, February 22.
All the games in the Spartan's South Midlands leagues and the Herts Senior County leagues were also postponed but have yet to be rearranged.
The district's rugby teams have also been hit hard by the snow.
Old Albanian were due to host North Walsham at Woollams on Saturday but the ground was under a thick blanket of snow.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
The Woollams Men will now welcome their visitors from Norfolk on Saturday, February 27.
Harpenden's home clash with Chingford and St Albans' and Tabard's trips to Imperial Medicals and Hemel Hempstead will also now be played on February 27.