THE cold weather wreaked havoc with the local sporting fixture list at the weekend with not a single match taking place. The combination of snow, frost and icy roads resulted in all the scheduled games being postponed. St Albans City s trip to Havant & Wa
THE cold weather wreaked havoc with the local sporting fixture list at the weekend with not a single match taking place.
The combination of snow, frost and icy roads resulted in all the scheduled games being postponed.
St Albans City's trip to Havant & Waterlooville was postponed on Friday morning and has been rearranged for Monday, February 22.
All the games in the Spartan's South Midlands leagues and the Herts Senior County leagues were also postponed but have yet to be rearranged.
You may also want to watch:
The district's rugby teams have also been hit hard by the snow.
Old Albanian were due to host North Walsham at Woollams on Saturday but the ground was under a thick blanket of snow.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
The Woollams Men will now welcome their visitors from Norfolk on Saturday, February 27.
Harpenden's home clash with Chingford and St Albans' and Tabard's trips to Imperial Medicals and Hemel Hempstead will also now be played on February 27.