Top spot for St Albans Ladies after seven goal win
- Credit: Archant
A third straight home win kept St Albans Ladies fine start to the season going – sending them top of the Beds & Herts Womens League.
Flitwick Ladies were the latest victims, losing 7-1.
The visitors had only arrived with 10 but still made the Saints work hard for their victory.
Sophie Lawrence got things started after eight minutes, the first of two goals for her.
Ellen Slater’s penalty made it 2-0 and further goals from Kayla Johnson and Lawrence arrived before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Nicola Dark made it five after the break and Chloe Reeves added the sixth after combining with Slater.
Stacie Lockey scored Flitwick’s consolation but Ellie Lovelock’s tremendous free kick from nearly 40 yards ensured St Albans had the last say.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
They player of the match went to Kerry Twigg.
The Ladies are next in action at home to Sherrardswood in the League Cup on October 8.