Top spot for St Albans Ladies after seven goal win
- Credit: Archant
A third straight home win kept St Albans Ladies fine start to the season going – sending them top of the Beds & Herts Womens League.
Flitwick Ladies were the latest victims, losing 7-1.
The visitors had only arrived with 10 but still made the Saints work hard for their victory.
Sophie Lawrence got things started after eight minutes, the first of two goals for her.
Ellen Slater’s penalty made it 2-0 and further goals from Kayla Johnson and Lawrence arrived before half-time.
Nicola Dark made it five after the break and Chloe Reeves added the sixth after combining with Slater.
Stacie Lockey scored Flitwick’s consolation but Ellie Lovelock’s tremendous free kick from nearly 40 yards ensured St Albans had the last say.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 9 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
They player of the match went to Kerry Twigg.
The Ladies are next in action at home to Sherrardswood in the League Cup on October 8.