Top spot for St Albans Ladies after seven goal win
- Credit: Archant
A third straight home win kept St Albans Ladies fine start to the season going – sending them top of the Beds & Herts Womens League.
Flitwick Ladies were the latest victims, losing 7-1.
The visitors had only arrived with 10 but still made the Saints work hard for their victory.
Sophie Lawrence got things started after eight minutes, the first of two goals for her.
Ellen Slater’s penalty made it 2-0 and further goals from Kayla Johnson and Lawrence arrived before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Nicola Dark made it five after the break and Chloe Reeves added the sixth after combining with Slater.
Stacie Lockey scored Flitwick’s consolation but Ellie Lovelock’s tremendous free kick from nearly 40 yards ensured St Albans had the last say.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
They player of the match went to Kerry Twigg.
The Ladies are next in action at home to Sherrardswood in the League Cup on October 8.