Top scorer re-signs with Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town’s top striker Harry Hunt this week re-signed for the club after a 33-goal spree last season.
Hunt, a 27-year-old builder from St Albans, said: “I am delighted to be back on Harpenden’s books, this club is on a resurgence.
“We won 15 and lost only three games in the second half of last season so nothing short of promotion will be good enough this year.”
In pre-season friendlies, Harpenden beat Bovingdon 7-0 on Saturday but lost 3 -1 to Kings Langley, who play in a division higher, last Thursday, with Hunt setting up Tommy Burns for the only goal.
His signature brings to Harpenden Town’s registered players to 22 with up to 28 planned as the team starts the new season with the launch of a reserve team drawing on the strength of Harpenden Colts over-age players from last season.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s manager Danny Plumb said:”This week we have appointed Adam Dedman as reserve team manager and he will work with the young players to give us strength in depth.
“It will be fascinating to see former Colts move up to the senior game.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
“It was great to re-sign Harry after such a prolific season and now our target for this year is to build on that and get promotion.”
Reserve team manager Adam, 32, a heating engineer from Slip End, has had a long career in non-league football and played for Harpenden last season.
Harpenden Town’s first home league game is against Crawley Green on Saturday 9th August at 3pm in Rothamsted Park.