Top scorer re-signs with Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town’s top striker Harry Hunt this week re-signed for the club after a 33-goal spree last season.
Hunt, a 27-year-old builder from St Albans, said: “I am delighted to be back on Harpenden’s books, this club is on a resurgence.
“We won 15 and lost only three games in the second half of last season so nothing short of promotion will be good enough this year.”
In pre-season friendlies, Harpenden beat Bovingdon 7-0 on Saturday but lost 3 -1 to Kings Langley, who play in a division higher, last Thursday, with Hunt setting up Tommy Burns for the only goal.
His signature brings to Harpenden Town’s registered players to 22 with up to 28 planned as the team starts the new season with the launch of a reserve team drawing on the strength of Harpenden Colts over-age players from last season.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s manager Danny Plumb said:”This week we have appointed Adam Dedman as reserve team manager and he will work with the young players to give us strength in depth.
“It will be fascinating to see former Colts move up to the senior game.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
“It was great to re-sign Harry after such a prolific season and now our target for this year is to build on that and get promotion.”
Reserve team manager Adam, 32, a heating engineer from Slip End, has had a long career in non-league football and played for Harpenden last season.
Harpenden Town’s first home league game is against Crawley Green on Saturday 9th August at 3pm in Rothamsted Park.