Top honours for St Albans Masters Swimming Club at Herts County Championship
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Masters Swimming Club took the top honours at the Herts Master Championship in Borehamwood.
Of the 10 club’s that took part STAM had the strongest contingent and they made that count as they landed the Winners Cup.
In total 23 from the club took part with Jordan Irvine the youngest at 21 upto the most senior, Richard Sumner at 72.
Some of the team are ex Olympians and British Internationals, and some are new to competitive swimming, having only started in the last two or three years.
They all train together four nights a week at either Westminster Lodge or St Albans School.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman said: “The evening was full of close competitive races and our thanks go to all the officials who organised and ran the event.”
For more information go to the club’s facebook page or follow @STAMswimming on Twitter.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests