Top honours for St Albans Masters Swimming Club at Herts County Championship
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Masters Swimming Club took the top honours at the Herts Master Championship in Borehamwood.
Of the 10 club’s that took part STAM had the strongest contingent and they made that count as they landed the Winners Cup.
In total 23 from the club took part with Jordan Irvine the youngest at 21 upto the most senior, Richard Sumner at 72.
Some of the team are ex Olympians and British Internationals, and some are new to competitive swimming, having only started in the last two or three years.
They all train together four nights a week at either Westminster Lodge or St Albans School.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman said: “The evening was full of close competitive races and our thanks go to all the officials who organised and ran the event.”
For more information go to the club’s facebook page or follow @STAMswimming on Twitter.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'