Top five place for Vivian at St Albans Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders earned a top five place at the city’s half marathon on Sunday.
He crossed the line in fourth place, with a time of 1:15.15.
Claire Kremer was the first female Strider to finish the race and second female Vet 35, finishing in 1:28.00. Wendy Walsh was first Vet 45, finishing in 1:30.16.
Other Striders that ran Sunday’s race included: Edward Bailey (1:23.42), Sebastian Rowe (1:28.32), Jonathan White (1:39.30), Robin Newby (1:39.39), Andy Normile (1:46.14), Shreyas Naik (1:48.06), Laura Astley (1:50.44), Nicki Francis (1:59.37), and Bernadette Newby (2:25.02).
Wai Meng Au-Yeong ran 70 miles in the Endure 24 event in Reading. She completed the race in 23 hours and 50 minutes and was the 17th woman out of 48 that competed in the ‘solo’ category.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Smith was third in the Polesden Lacey 10K race in 37 minutes 34 seconds and Jack Brooks came first in the 60-69 age group at the Dam Marathon in Oregon, USA.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans