Top five place for Vivian at St Albans Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders earned a top five place at the city’s half marathon on Sunday.
He crossed the line in fourth place, with a time of 1:15.15.
Claire Kremer was the first female Strider to finish the race and second female Vet 35, finishing in 1:28.00. Wendy Walsh was first Vet 45, finishing in 1:30.16.
Other Striders that ran Sunday’s race included: Edward Bailey (1:23.42), Sebastian Rowe (1:28.32), Jonathan White (1:39.30), Robin Newby (1:39.39), Andy Normile (1:46.14), Shreyas Naik (1:48.06), Laura Astley (1:50.44), Nicki Francis (1:59.37), and Bernadette Newby (2:25.02).
Wai Meng Au-Yeong ran 70 miles in the Endure 24 event in Reading. She completed the race in 23 hours and 50 minutes and was the 17th woman out of 48 that competed in the ‘solo’ category.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Smith was third in the Polesden Lacey 10K race in 37 minutes 34 seconds and Jack Brooks came first in the 60-69 age group at the Dam Marathon in Oregon, USA.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25