Toor’s 83 puts Radlett into round four
- Credit: Archant
Kabir Toor booked Radlett’s place in round four of the ECB Club Championship with a match-winning innings against Osterley.
The 25-year-old hit an unbeaten 83 as Radlett chased down Osterley’s 175 at Cobden Hill.
It was Toor’s second highest score of the season and came in a 140-run partnership with captain Jono McLean that saw Radlett recover from 10-1, following Joe Cooke’s dismissal for two.
McLean was trapped LBW by Yaseen Khan (2-51) with the score on 150 and Alex Cook (4) fell eight runs later to the same bowler.
Johnny Armitage (14) joined Toor and they knocked off the required runs to seal a seven-wicket win.
The bowlers will take plenty of the plaudits after restricting Osterley to a low total.
Randeep Sanghera (2-26), Cooke (2-43) and Daniel Foster (2-29) took two wickets each but it was the economy of the bowlers that shone through, with five surrendering less than six runs an over.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 5 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
- 8 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 9 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 10 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
Charlie Nicholls was excellent with the gloves, securely catching an edge from Manoj Prasanga off Sanghera for a duck and taking a smart stumping to remove danger man Laeeq Ahmad (47).
Radlett will place Ealing in the fourth round after they beat Harpenden by nine wickets thanks to a stunning 55-ball 120 from Oliver Wilkin.