Toor hits ton for Radlett
Radlett 262-5 beat Oxford 261-7 by five wickets KABIR Toor hit his maiden HCPL century for Radlett as they romped to a five-wicket win over Oxford at Cobden Hill on Saturday. Toor shared a record-breaking 222-run first wicket partnership with Leo Sandino-
Radlett 262-5 beat Oxford 261-7 by five wickets
KABIR Toor hit his maiden HCPL century for Radlett as they romped to a five-wicket win over Oxford at Cobden Hill on Saturday.
Toor shared a record-breaking 222-run first wicket partnership with Leo Sandino-Taylor to put their side on the verge of victory and despite a late flurry of wickets Shane Burger and Andre Sharma led the team over the finishing line.
Toor also starred with the ball taking 2-56 as Oxford made 261-7 from their 66 overs. Rajiv Sharma top scored for the visitors with 69 before he was caught by Paul Barker off the bowling of Robbie Crocker.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Crosby hit a quick-fire 52 (from 66 balls) late on to take the visitors past 200 and Shamilal Mendis hit six fours on his way to an unbeaten 31-ball 38.
Burger, Sandino-Taylor and Barker also picked up a wicket each.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Toor and Sandino-Taylor seemed untroubled by the Oxford bowlers as the pair both closed in on centuries.
Sandino-Taylor fell agonisingly short as he gave Joe Porter the catch off the bowling of Nick Ferraby for 96.
Toor eventually fell on 127 to Ferraby with Gus Kennedy taking the catch this time. Toor's knock came from 152 balls and included 15 fours and one sixes.
Radlett wobbled with Barker run-out for five, Ferraby claiming his third victim with the scalp of Fakir Dungaria (7) and Tom Jenkins being bowled by Rupert Evans without troubling the scorers.
However captain Burger (18*) and Andre Sharma (3*) turned things around and lead their side to a welcome five-wicket win.
ATUL Sachdeva took 5-43 as Radlett II went top of the Saracens Herts League Division Two table following a six-wicket win over Northchurch.
Nick Fielden top scored with the bat notching 32 before he was bowled by David Pearce.