Toor hits ton
Radlett (182-3) beat Shipton-under-Wychwood (180-9) by seven wickets AN unbeaten 101 from Kabir Toor was the foundation for Radlett s first win of the season. The young Middlesex starlet carried his bat to help the Cobden Hill side claim their first comp
Radlett (182-3) beat Shipton-under-Wychwood (180-9) by seven wickets
AN unbeaten 101 from Kabir Toor was the foundation for Radlett's first win of the season.
The young Middlesex starlet carried his bat to help the Cobden Hill side claim their first competitive victory of the current campaign.
Robbie Crocker was Radlett's hero with the ball finishing with figures of 4-28 from seven overs as the Oxfordshire village side reached 180-9 in their allotted overs.
You may also want to watch:
Atul Sachdeva picked up two wickets and John Barr (1-19), David Hegarty (1-24) and Toor (1-29) also got in on the act.
Toor has been in good form with the bat this season and continued in this rich vein of form as he guided Radlett past their target.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Sheilen Patel was bowled for 34 and both Fakir Dungaria (seven) and John Barr (two) went cheaply before Tom Jenkins (32 n.o.) came to the crease to help Toor steer Radlett home.
Home Counties Premier League Division One
Henley (230-2) beat Radlett (224) by eight wickets
RADLETT'S win on Sunday was a great morale booster following their opening day defeat to Henley on Saturday. Leo Sandino-Taylor (21), Toor (36), Mike Crocker (28) and Paul Barker (26) all made starts but their inability to build on these foundations proved the teams downfall ultimately.
Captain Shane Burger was Radlett's top scorer with 57 as Radlett were bowled out for 224.
Needing 225 for victory Henley reached their target with ease losing just two wickets along the way.
Heath Paynter (1-67) and Toor (1-35) claimed a wicket each and Radlett will be hoping for better when they entertain Banbury at Cobden Hill on Saturday.