Toor hits ton
Radlett (182-3) beat Shipton-under-Wychwood (180-9) by seven wickets AN unbeaten 101 from Kabir Toor was the foundation for Radlett s first win of the season. The young Middlesex starlet carried his bat to help the Cobden Hill side claim their first comp
Radlett (182-3) beat Shipton-under-Wychwood (180-9) by seven wickets
AN unbeaten 101 from Kabir Toor was the foundation for Radlett's first win of the season.
The young Middlesex starlet carried his bat to help the Cobden Hill side claim their first competitive victory of the current campaign.
Robbie Crocker was Radlett's hero with the ball finishing with figures of 4-28 from seven overs as the Oxfordshire village side reached 180-9 in their allotted overs.
Atul Sachdeva picked up two wickets and John Barr (1-19), David Hegarty (1-24) and Toor (1-29) also got in on the act.
Toor has been in good form with the bat this season and continued in this rich vein of form as he guided Radlett past their target.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
Sheilen Patel was bowled for 34 and both Fakir Dungaria (seven) and John Barr (two) went cheaply before Tom Jenkins (32 n.o.) came to the crease to help Toor steer Radlett home.
Home Counties Premier League Division One
Henley (230-2) beat Radlett (224) by eight wickets
RADLETT'S win on Sunday was a great morale booster following their opening day defeat to Henley on Saturday. Leo Sandino-Taylor (21), Toor (36), Mike Crocker (28) and Paul Barker (26) all made starts but their inability to build on these foundations proved the teams downfall ultimately.
Captain Shane Burger was Radlett's top scorer with 57 as Radlett were bowled out for 224.
Needing 225 for victory Henley reached their target with ease losing just two wickets along the way.
Heath Paynter (1-67) and Toor (1-35) claimed a wicket each and Radlett will be hoping for better when they entertain Banbury at Cobden Hill on Saturday.