Toon set to face blackout as Oaklands Wolves gear up for another step towards the play-offs
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves are calling on the people of Hertfordshire to help them secure a place in the WBBL play-offs.
Five wins from their last six championship games, including the most recent success - a 76-52 win at Cardiff Met Archers, have moved the St Albans-based side into the eighth and final qualifying place.
And they are running a special ‘blackout’ promotion for Saturday’s contest against Newcastle Eagles to help boost the crowd.
Anybody wearing black will get in for just £1.
The victory in Wales saw Roya Rustamzada in fine form, picking up 16 points as well as seven assists, six rebounds and three steals.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Lee Ryan said: “We were back to form in what was the first of a number of must win games for us.
“Our fourth quarter performance showed how switched on we can be when needed, we will have to replicate that level consistently for the remainder of the season.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Tip off at the Oaklands Sportszone on Saturday is at 3.45pm.