Toon set to face blackout as Oaklands Wolves gear up for another step towards the play-offs
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves are calling on the people of Hertfordshire to help them secure a place in the WBBL play-offs.
Five wins from their last six championship games, including the most recent success - a 76-52 win at Cardiff Met Archers, have moved the St Albans-based side into the eighth and final qualifying place.
And they are running a special ‘blackout’ promotion for Saturday’s contest against Newcastle Eagles to help boost the crowd.
Anybody wearing black will get in for just £1.
The victory in Wales saw Roya Rustamzada in fine form, picking up 16 points as well as seven assists, six rebounds and three steals.
Head coach Lee Ryan said: “We were back to form in what was the first of a number of must win games for us.
“Our fourth quarter performance showed how switched on we can be when needed, we will have to replicate that level consistently for the remainder of the season.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 9 Hospices announce plans to join forces
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
Tip off at the Oaklands Sportszone on Saturday is at 3.45pm.