Title delight for St Albans City’s Midweek Youth team
ST ALBANS City’s Midweek Youth team have secured the Allied Counties Youth League East Division title with three games left to play.
They were crowned champions after their only title challengers Uxbridge drew 2-2 at Hanwell Town last Wednesday night.
The Saints U18s have been unbeaten in the league this season, winning 10 matches and drawing just one to give the club their first trophy of the season.
Finishing in top spot ensures the Saints will be promoted to the Premier Division next season and face teams such as Farnborough and Maidenhead United.
Most of the youth team squad have now also played in City’s Reserves and should be pushing for first team places over the coming seasons.
You may also want to watch:
This is just the first part of the owner’s vision for St Albans City whereby local talented footballers can come through the ranks of local teams such as City Youth and Harvesters and feed directly into the first team via the Midweek Youth and Reserves.
Congratulations to the management team of Graham Golds, James Gray and Simon Wroe and all the players for their success.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street