Thurlbourne pleased after first City goal
CITY midfielder Luke Thurlbourne revealed he d been saving his remarkable back-flip goal celebration for a long time. The former Southend trainee opened his account for the Saints with a well struck volley at Weston before wowing the crowd with his double
CITY midfielder Luke Thurlbourne revealed he'd been saving his remarkable back-flip goal celebration for a long time.
The former Southend trainee opened his account for the Saints with a well struck volley at Weston before wowing the crowd with his double flip celebration and the 19-year-old feels it was well overdue.
"I was definitely pleased with that one," Thurlbourne told the Herts Advertiser. "It's the first one I've scored in a while and I really enjoyed it - I watched it on and off my foot, so happy days!
"I've been saving that (celebration) for a long while."
You may also want to watch:
City's win at Weston means they are now unbeaten in three leagues games, something Thurlbourne is hoping they can continue.
"Last week (at Heybridge) was disappointing but it's seven points out of nine now in the league so if you look at it that way we're not doing too badly. We're starting to get a run of results and hopefully we can keep it going."
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 6 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 7 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 8 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 9 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 10 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
Steve Castle reverted to three in the middle for the Weston victory and Thurlbourne thinks it's a formation that works well.
"We look strong when we're playing together," added the midfielder. "Pre-season we did really well and obviously both of them (James Fisher and Solomon Shields) have been suspended and I'm suspended next week so it's been hard to keep us all on the pitch. However when we have played we've done really well.