Thurlbourne pleased after first City goal
CITY midfielder Luke Thurlbourne revealed he d been saving his remarkable back-flip goal celebration for a long time. The former Southend trainee opened his account for the Saints with a well struck volley at Weston before wowing the crowd with his double
CITY midfielder Luke Thurlbourne revealed he'd been saving his remarkable back-flip goal celebration for a long time.
The former Southend trainee opened his account for the Saints with a well struck volley at Weston before wowing the crowd with his double flip celebration and the 19-year-old feels it was well overdue.
"I was definitely pleased with that one," Thurlbourne told the Herts Advertiser. "It's the first one I've scored in a while and I really enjoyed it - I watched it on and off my foot, so happy days!
"I've been saving that (celebration) for a long while."
You may also want to watch:
City's win at Weston means they are now unbeaten in three leagues games, something Thurlbourne is hoping they can continue.
"Last week (at Heybridge) was disappointing but it's seven points out of nine now in the league so if you look at it that way we're not doing too badly. We're starting to get a run of results and hopefully we can keep it going."
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
Steve Castle reverted to three in the middle for the Weston victory and Thurlbourne thinks it's a formation that works well.
"We look strong when we're playing together," added the midfielder. "Pre-season we did really well and obviously both of them (James Fisher and Solomon Shields) have been suspended and I'm suspended next week so it's been hard to keep us all on the pitch. However when we have played we've done really well.