Thurlbourne pleased after first City goal
CITY midfielder Luke Thurlbourne revealed he d been saving his remarkable back-flip goal celebration for a long time. The former Southend trainee opened his account for the Saints with a well struck volley at Weston before wowing the crowd with his double
CITY midfielder Luke Thurlbourne revealed he'd been saving his remarkable back-flip goal celebration for a long time.
The former Southend trainee opened his account for the Saints with a well struck volley at Weston before wowing the crowd with his double flip celebration and the 19-year-old feels it was well overdue.
"I was definitely pleased with that one," Thurlbourne told the Herts Advertiser. "It's the first one I've scored in a while and I really enjoyed it - I watched it on and off my foot, so happy days!
"I've been saving that (celebration) for a long while."
City's win at Weston means they are now unbeaten in three leagues games, something Thurlbourne is hoping they can continue.
"Last week (at Heybridge) was disappointing but it's seven points out of nine now in the league so if you look at it that way we're not doing too badly. We're starting to get a run of results and hopefully we can keep it going."
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 6 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 8 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
Steve Castle reverted to three in the middle for the Weston victory and Thurlbourne thinks it's a formation that works well.
"We look strong when we're playing together," added the midfielder. "Pre-season we did really well and obviously both of them (James Fisher and Solomon Shields) have been suspended and I'm suspended next week so it's been hard to keep us all on the pitch. However when we have played we've done really well.