Thumping good start for the new-look OA Saints
- Credit: Archant
A new league for the new season will be plenty of new challenges for new Old Albanian Saints head coach Sarah McKenna.
The Saracens and England star has been elevated to the role ahead of the club's stint back in Women's Championship South.
And she got to watch her new charges, bolstered by a strong recruitment drive during the off-season, thump Reading Abbey in their first pre-season outing.
The two sides had effectively swapped places at the end of last season with Abbey going down and being replaced by the promoted Saints.
And OAs ran out comfortable 85-8 winners at Harpenden's Redbourn Lane ground.
You may also want to watch:
McKenna said: "It was a good win built on the back of a strong preseason training regime.
"The players challenged themselves against the game plan which gave us great outcomes.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
"In the final run towards the season we'll continue to build on this positive start."