Thumping good start for the new-look OA Saints
- Credit: Archant
A new league for the new season will be plenty of new challenges for new Old Albanian Saints head coach Sarah McKenna.
The Saracens and England star has been elevated to the role ahead of the club's stint back in Women's Championship South.
And she got to watch her new charges, bolstered by a strong recruitment drive during the off-season, thump Reading Abbey in their first pre-season outing.
The two sides had effectively swapped places at the end of last season with Abbey going down and being replaced by the promoted Saints.
And OAs ran out comfortable 85-8 winners at Harpenden's Redbourn Lane ground.
McKenna said: "It was a good win built on the back of a strong preseason training regime.
"The players challenged themselves against the game plan which gave us great outcomes.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
"In the final run towards the season we'll continue to build on this positive start."