Thumping good start for the new-look OA Saints
- Credit: Archant
A new league for the new season will be plenty of new challenges for new Old Albanian Saints head coach Sarah McKenna.
The Saracens and England star has been elevated to the role ahead of the club's stint back in Women's Championship South.
And she got to watch her new charges, bolstered by a strong recruitment drive during the off-season, thump Reading Abbey in their first pre-season outing.
The two sides had effectively swapped places at the end of last season with Abbey going down and being replaced by the promoted Saints.
And OAs ran out comfortable 85-8 winners at Harpenden's Redbourn Lane ground.
You may also want to watch:
McKenna said: "It was a good win built on the back of a strong preseason training regime.
"The players challenged themselves against the game plan which gave us great outcomes.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
"In the final run towards the season we'll continue to build on this positive start."