Verulam Reallymoving celebrate wins for young and old alike
- Credit: Archant
There were wins for young and old alike as Verulam Reallymoving celebrated a fine week.
The youngsters led the way with two successes coming courtesy of Jamie Maxen and Beth Watson.
Maxen took the U16 race at round seven of the East London Youth Circuit Series while Watson was leaving them in her wake at round six of the National Bowl Midweek Youth Racing League in Milton Keynes.
Jared Millar completed the victories in League of Veteran Racing Cyclists race at Hog Hill.
Maxen said: "I was happily in the pack saving energy and racing well but with two laps to go I jumped onto Harry Ives' wheel up the road and solo attacked off the front before the field caught up.
You may also want to watch:
"I then kept a decent gap from the pack to the finish and won. It was a 30-strong field with quite a few decent riders"
The race team's parent club, Verulam, are once again helping to host the Fete du Velo at Rebourn.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
The all-day event will be held on Sunday, June 30.