Three-time national champion re-signs with Falcons
- Credit: Archant
Luis Goncalves has re-signed for the Herts Falcons.
The 21-year old made his debut for Herts in 2008 when he was just 14 after impressing coaches as his first training session. A season in the Double-A League with Herts Hawks followed, and he showed his promise by winning the team’s Infield Gold Glove and Rookie of the Year awards.
Goncalves quickly progressed through the ranks and made his debut in Britain’s top league, the NBL, in 2009 with the Herts Falcons. In his first and second seasons in the NBL he was awarded the Falcons’ Infield Gold Glove twice and led the team in stolen bases in 2009.
After three seasons at Grovehill Ballpark, Goncalves moved to the Harlow Nationals with whom he won three consecutive NBL national championships between 2011 and 2013. His outstanding fielding abilities were recognised in 2012 when he was selected in the NBL Team of the Year at second base, which is the equivalent of MLB’s Gold Glove Award.
Since 2013 Goncalves has been a member of the Great Britain U23 National Team.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone at the club has missed Luis and his family over the last few years, but he is back at Herts now,” said Herts Falcons manager Lee Manning.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy