Three points were well overdue - Cohen
GARY Cohen says that City s win against Basingstoke was long overdue as it brought to an end their long winless streak. Cohen was on the scoresheet in the win and he admits the players were relieved to pick up the three points. It s been a long time comi
GARY Cohen says that City's win against Basingstoke was long overdue as it brought to an end their long winless streak.
Cohen was on the scoresheet in the win and he admits the players were relieved to pick up the three points.
"It's been a long time coming, we're just relieved to get the three points. We know we're better than our recent run has showed and it's good to win and get confidence and we can go from there," Cohen told The Herts Advertiser.
The former Grimsby man says the early goals helped to settle any nerves and gave the players the confidence they needed.
"It's always good when you get a couple of early goals because it sort of settles the nerves and breeds confidence. We were playing some nice football, popping the ball around and scoring goals and we just need to take that into Saturday now."
The athletic striker's goal was his first since he netted against Stevenage in the FA Trophy and he says he knew that if he continued to work hard the goal would come.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 9 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
"That's been a long time coming as well but you can't worry about not scoring. You've just got to keep on trying hard and playing well and eventually it'll come, it's just football.