Three points were well overdue - Cohen
GARY Cohen says that City s win against Basingstoke was long overdue as it brought to an end their long winless streak. Cohen was on the scoresheet in the win and he admits the players were relieved to pick up the three points. It s been a long time comi
GARY Cohen says that City's win against Basingstoke was long overdue as it brought to an end their long winless streak.
Cohen was on the scoresheet in the win and he admits the players were relieved to pick up the three points.
"It's been a long time coming, we're just relieved to get the three points. We know we're better than our recent run has showed and it's good to win and get confidence and we can go from there," Cohen told The Herts Advertiser.
The former Grimsby man says the early goals helped to settle any nerves and gave the players the confidence they needed.
You may also want to watch:
"It's always good when you get a couple of early goals because it sort of settles the nerves and breeds confidence. We were playing some nice football, popping the ball around and scoring goals and we just need to take that into Saturday now."
The athletic striker's goal was his first since he netted against Stevenage in the FA Trophy and he says he knew that if he continued to work hard the goal would come.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
"That's been a long time coming as well but you can't worry about not scoring. You've just got to keep on trying hard and playing well and eventually it'll come, it's just football.