Three points were well overdue - Cohen
GARY Cohen says that City s win against Basingstoke was long overdue as it brought to an end their long winless streak. Cohen was on the scoresheet in the win and he admits the players were relieved to pick up the three points. It s been a long time comi
GARY Cohen says that City's win against Basingstoke was long overdue as it brought to an end their long winless streak.
Cohen was on the scoresheet in the win and he admits the players were relieved to pick up the three points.
"It's been a long time coming, we're just relieved to get the three points. We know we're better than our recent run has showed and it's good to win and get confidence and we can go from there," Cohen told The Herts Advertiser.
The former Grimsby man says the early goals helped to settle any nerves and gave the players the confidence they needed.
You may also want to watch:
"It's always good when you get a couple of early goals because it sort of settles the nerves and breeds confidence. We were playing some nice football, popping the ball around and scoring goals and we just need to take that into Saturday now."
The athletic striker's goal was his first since he netted against Stevenage in the FA Trophy and he says he knew that if he continued to work hard the goal would come.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
"That's been a long time coming as well but you can't worry about not scoring. You've just got to keep on trying hard and playing well and eventually it'll come, it's just football.