Three Paul Davis Fencing Academy students from St Albans selected for England duty
- Credit: Archant
Seven fencers from Paul Davis Fencing Academy have been selected to compete for England in the Challenge Wratislavia in Poland – with three of them coming from St Albans.
Ben Reed and Tom Raut will both compete in the U15 sabre in next year’s international tournament while Thisbe Danford will also take part in the sabre event but at the U13 category.
In total 10 places were available on the U15 squad and a further six in the U13 category.
To gain selection ranking points were accumulated from national events throughout the year.
Reed said: “I’m so pleased to have been selected. It has been a season of highs and lows, making tough decisions and putting in the hours, but having this selection makes it all worth it.”
You may also want to watch:
Two of the other Academy fencers selected, Evie Bullman and Amber Smith, who are both in the U15 squad, are from Welwyn Hatfield.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans