Three out of three as St Albans swimmers retain county title
- Credit: Archant
The St Albans District Primary Schools Swimming team achieved their third win in three years at the Herts Primary Schools Inter-District Swimming Championships.
The team, comprising the top Year 5 and 6 swimmers from across the district were behind Watford early on but came storming back to retain the Rosebowl trophy.
Leading from the front were captains William Fawcett, who won the Year 6 butterfly, and Camille Vannier who was a close second in the Year 6 freestyle.
Wins also came from Emily Gray, Year 5 girls' freestyle, who was 0.1s outside the record, Sonny Maddison, Year 5 boys' backstroke and Tom Dennis, Year 6 boys' freestyle.
The team also won the Year 5 and Year 6 boys' trophies and the half of the relays.
You may also want to watch:
Team manager Andrew Ellis said: "The team put in an excellent performance to win comfortably, confirming the high standard of swimmers in the district."
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 10 Shaun Jeffers and St Albans City a match made in Hertfordshire