Three out of three as St Albans swimmers retain county title
- Credit: Archant
The St Albans District Primary Schools Swimming team achieved their third win in three years at the Herts Primary Schools Inter-District Swimming Championships.
The team, comprising the top Year 5 and 6 swimmers from across the district were behind Watford early on but came storming back to retain the Rosebowl trophy.
Leading from the front were captains William Fawcett, who won the Year 6 butterfly, and Camille Vannier who was a close second in the Year 6 freestyle.
Wins also came from Emily Gray, Year 5 girls' freestyle, who was 0.1s outside the record, Sonny Maddison, Year 5 boys' backstroke and Tom Dennis, Year 6 boys' freestyle.
The team also won the Year 5 and Year 6 boys' trophies and the half of the relays.
You may also want to watch:
Team manager Andrew Ellis said: "The team put in an excellent performance to win comfortably, confirming the high standard of swimmers in the district."
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area