Three Old Albanian minis teams reach national final
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Rugby Club took an “important step” in its development with three of its junior teams booking spots in the national final.
The U7, U8 and U10 were all victorious at the Lexus Rugby Festival, held at Woollams on Sunday. The finals will be held in May 2014 at the Sixways Stadium, home of Premiership team Worcester Warriors.
The U7s came through five rounds of tag rugby to earn a tie against Towcester in the final. The hosts came through, winning by seven tries to five.
The U8s were unbeaten all day, scoring a total of 40 tries whilst only conceding 11, but saved their best performances for the semi-final and final games, beating Colchester RFC and Oxford 10-1 and 6-3, respectively.
The U10s won 4-1, 5-0 and 5-0 in their pool games before beating Oxford Harlequins 2-0 in the semi-final to set up a clash with Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
The boys played their best rugby of the tournament and took an early 3-0 lead. Colchester pulled one back but OA kept them out to win 3-1.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital