Three Old Albanian minis teams reach national final
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Rugby Club took an “important step” in its development with three of its junior teams booking spots in the national final.
The U7, U8 and U10 were all victorious at the Lexus Rugby Festival, held at Woollams on Sunday. The finals will be held in May 2014 at the Sixways Stadium, home of Premiership team Worcester Warriors.
The U7s came through five rounds of tag rugby to earn a tie against Towcester in the final. The hosts came through, winning by seven tries to five.
The U8s were unbeaten all day, scoring a total of 40 tries whilst only conceding 11, but saved their best performances for the semi-final and final games, beating Colchester RFC and Oxford 10-1 and 6-3, respectively.
The U10s won 4-1, 5-0 and 5-0 in their pool games before beating Oxford Harlequins 2-0 in the semi-final to set up a clash with Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
The boys played their best rugby of the tournament and took an early 3-0 lead. Colchester pulled one back but OA kept them out to win 3-1.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans