Three more sign on at St Albans City
MANAGER David Howell has made three more signings ready for the Evo-Stik Southern Premier League season, which kicks off at Banbury on Saturday.
Talented midfielder Gareth Risbridger brings good experience to the City squad, having played for Yeovil Town, Southend United and, most recently, Boreham Wood and Staines Town in Blue Square South.
Risbridger, 30, gave a series of impressive pre-season performances culminating in what proved to be the winning goal at Royston in the Herts Charity Cup on Saturday.
A similarly tidy display by Layne Eadie also caught Howell’s eye at Royston and the 19-year-old left-sided player was happy to sign when offered the chance.
Eadie is a product of the Oaklands youth academy, where he currently works as a coach. He spent last season with St Neots Town, whom he helped up into the Evo-Stik Premier.
You may also want to watch:
The third acquisition is 23-year-old goalkeeper Nick Hardy, who signs on for another season having joined the club from Hadley last season and who has recovered from a broken finger sustained in the Herts Charity Cup semi-final against Leverstock Green last season.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Remembering Heartwood Forest supporter Pam