Three more sign on at St Albans City
MANAGER David Howell has made three more signings ready for the Evo-Stik Southern Premier League season, which kicks off at Banbury on Saturday.
Talented midfielder Gareth Risbridger brings good experience to the City squad, having played for Yeovil Town, Southend United and, most recently, Boreham Wood and Staines Town in Blue Square South.
Risbridger, 30, gave a series of impressive pre-season performances culminating in what proved to be the winning goal at Royston in the Herts Charity Cup on Saturday.
A similarly tidy display by Layne Eadie also caught Howell’s eye at Royston and the 19-year-old left-sided player was happy to sign when offered the chance.
Eadie is a product of the Oaklands youth academy, where he currently works as a coach. He spent last season with St Neots Town, whom he helped up into the Evo-Stik Premier.
You may also want to watch:
The third acquisition is 23-year-old goalkeeper Nick Hardy, who signs on for another season having joined the club from Hadley last season and who has recovered from a broken finger sustained in the Herts Charity Cup semi-final against Leverstock Green last season.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan