Three more points for Blueboys
- Credit: Archant
London Colney picked three points with a 3-0 home win over Holmer Green on Saturday.
Greg Shaw opened the scoring before Jimmy Hartley doubled the advantage. Jason Beck finished the scoring from the penalty spot in the dying minutes of the match.
The score could have been higher if not for the Holmer Green custodian, Harry Craven, who made a number of fine saves. His opposite number Jack Smith also impressed, denying Ryan Tackley and then Gary Pape.
Colney opened the scoring in the 24th minute when Cain Davey’s corner was turned into the net by Shaw. Soon after Martin Collins picked up a knock and he was replaced by debutant Beck.
Craven continued to frustrate the Blueboys until the 82nd minute when Hartley finally got his name on the scoresheet. Hartley won and scored a penalty to put Colney 2-0 up.
You may also want to watch:
With only seconds to go the Blueboys won a second penalty when Beck, who could have scored a debut goal earlier in the match, was brought down in the box by Sean Cahill. Beck picked himself up and smashed the spot kick straight down the middle.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book