Three from three for Oaklands Wolves after dramatic win in Cardiff
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves wrote yet another chapter in their history on Saturday when they completed a thrilling 73-72 overtime victory at Cardiff Met Archers.
Just a week after winning consecutive WBBL games for the first time, coach Lee Ryan and his players have now set a new benchmark.
It marches them above their Welsh hosts and firmly into play-off contention.
The game looked like it had slipped away from Wolves, but a huge triple at the end of regulation by Lizzy Harrison eventually saved the day for the visitors.
Ryan said: “To win in overtime is always special and it shows how tight the contest was throughout.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a slow first half by our recent standards, but a brilliant response at the break by the players and in truth we should have taken the game in regulation.
“It’s always a difficult place to play, I’m just pleased we got out with the result and it keeps our win streak alive.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
Kristina Nagy top scored for Wolves with 17 points.