Three from three for Oaklands Wolves after dramatic win in Cardiff
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves wrote yet another chapter in their history on Saturday when they completed a thrilling 73-72 overtime victory at Cardiff Met Archers.
Just a week after winning consecutive WBBL games for the first time, coach Lee Ryan and his players have now set a new benchmark.
It marches them above their Welsh hosts and firmly into play-off contention.
The game looked like it had slipped away from Wolves, but a huge triple at the end of regulation by Lizzy Harrison eventually saved the day for the visitors.
Ryan said: “To win in overtime is always special and it shows how tight the contest was throughout.
“It was a slow first half by our recent standards, but a brilliant response at the break by the players and in truth we should have taken the game in regulation.
“It’s always a difficult place to play, I’m just pleased we got out with the result and it keeps our win streak alive.”
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Kristina Nagy top scored for Wolves with 17 points.