Three from three as all England sides make perfect start to Six Nations campaign
- Credit: PA
England made a perfect start to the RBS 6 Nations with a clean sweep of wins against France.
It started with the U20s in Exeter, before victories by both the men and women at Twickenham.
Old Albanian’s Max Malins was to the fore at Sandy Park, scoring two tries and kicking seven conversions in the 59-17 romp.
Former Nicholas Breakspear pupil, Nick Isiekwe, was also involved in the win.
England’s senior men didn’t have it as easy, however, as they spluttered to a record-breaking 19-16 success.
It was the side’s 15th win in a row but it needed a try, 10 minutes from time, from replacement Ben Te’o to bring a collectiove sigh of relief.
Owen Farrell, and ex-Harpenden St George’s schoolboy, added 11 points with the boot.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 8 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
Maro Itoje and George Ford, also part of the Sun Lane school’s alumni, were involved as well from the start.
And the women finished things off with a 26-13 win, although they had to come from behind to do it.
Trailing 13-0 at the break tries from Danielle Waterman and Amy Wilson Hardy, together with four penalties and two conversions from Emily Scarratt.
Unfortunately there was no place in the match-day sqaud for Harpenden’s Sarah McKenna.
The tournament now moves onto round two this weekend with the three England sides travelling to Wales.