Three eye-catching signings as Colney Heath look to impress
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a good weekend for Colney Heath – and the future promises to be fairly decent too.
Friday afternoon closed with news that the long-running and sorry saga that had threatened to dump them and London Colney into the Essex Senior League had reached a settlement, and that they would remain in the SSML Premier Division.
And they pressed home the good feelings by announcing three eye-catching signings and a healthy retained list.
In comes hotshot striker Jon Clements from Tring Athletic, experienced defender Yasin Boodhoo from Welwyn Garden City and midfielder Chris Griffin, winner of both the player's player and manager's player of the year awards last season at London Colney.
The retained list numbers 19 and includes the likes of Magpies' own players' player winner Sam Doolan, Jack Woods and Danny May.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters Kai Peters, Isa Rotimi, Dominic Knaggs and Harry Shepherd are also included.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25