Three eye-catching signings as Colney Heath look to impress
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a good weekend for Colney Heath – and the future promises to be fairly decent too.
Friday afternoon closed with news that the long-running and sorry saga that had threatened to dump them and London Colney into the Essex Senior League had reached a settlement, and that they would remain in the SSML Premier Division.
And they pressed home the good feelings by announcing three eye-catching signings and a healthy retained list.
In comes hotshot striker Jon Clements from Tring Athletic, experienced defender Yasin Boodhoo from Welwyn Garden City and midfielder Chris Griffin, winner of both the player's player and manager's player of the year awards last season at London Colney.
The retained list numbers 19 and includes the likes of Magpies' own players' player winner Sam Doolan, Jack Woods and Danny May.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters Kai Peters, Isa Rotimi, Dominic Knaggs and Harry Shepherd are also included.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 9 All aboard the Blue Tangerine Café for vital work experience
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space