Thoroughly entertaining clash unable to separate Tabard and Royston
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tabard and Royston served up a treat for the watching supporters at Cobden Hill with a 34-34 draw in London Three North West.
John Tilley got Tabard off to a great start with the opening try inside the first five minutes and that was added to by a Greg Walton effort in the corner.
Royston knocked over a penalty midway through the half and the sides would trade converted scores before the break, George Hurford touching down for Tabard after a pushover with Jack Reilly converting.
The second-half started with the hosts sleeping and Royston came out firing.
They levelled the scores fairly quickly and although Hurford got his second with 10 minutes to go they had stretched into a 34-22 lead.
You may also want to watch:
But a reshuffle due to injury didn’t seem to hamper them and after Dan Calnan scampered over for a try from 40 metres, Bill Lake was bundled over by brother Wilf.
Reilly’s conversion ended a breathless contest.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game