Thoroughly entertaining clash unable to separate Tabard and Royston
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tabard and Royston served up a treat for the watching supporters at Cobden Hill with a 34-34 draw in London Three North West.
John Tilley got Tabard off to a great start with the opening try inside the first five minutes and that was added to by a Greg Walton effort in the corner.
Royston knocked over a penalty midway through the half and the sides would trade converted scores before the break, George Hurford touching down for Tabard after a pushover with Jack Reilly converting.
The second-half started with the hosts sleeping and Royston came out firing.
They levelled the scores fairly quickly and although Hurford got his second with 10 minutes to go they had stretched into a 34-22 lead.
You may also want to watch:
But a reshuffle due to injury didn’t seem to hamper them and after Dan Calnan scampered over for a try from 40 metres, Bill Lake was bundled over by brother Wilf.
Reilly’s conversion ended a breathless contest.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park