Thompson unhappy with officials as Park Street draw
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Mill End Sports 2 Park Street Village 2 GOALS from Andy Ruck and Damon Wright ensured Park Street Village returned from Mill End Sports with a point on Saturday. Manager Ryan Thompson handed star attacker
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Mill End Sports 2 Park Street Village 2
GOALS from Andy Ruck and Damon Wright ensured Park Street Village returned from Mill End Sports with a point on Saturday.
Manager Ryan Thompson handed star attacker Matt Newman a free role behind his two strikers and the switch almost paid off in the first half as Newman threatened from deep. Mill End took the lead with a contentious goal before the break. Thompson said: "Their defender hit a long clearance and the striker was miles offside but the linesman didn't spot it and they scored from it. We weren't pleased at all."
You may also want to watch:
PSV equalised 10 minutes into the second half when Ruck strode through the Mill End defence and finished well for 1-1.
Mill End immediately regained the lead with a sloppy goal from a PSV perspective but Thompson's side battled back again and levelled at 2-2 with a penalty converted by Wright. Thompson said: "It was never a penalty. I think the referee was trying to level things up but anyway Damon Wright slotted it away."
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
PSV went close through Newman and striker James Hill. New signing Steve Seeby then almost snatched the points when he powered a header into the net but Thompson again watched on in frustration as the goal was ruled out. He said: "Steve rose in the box and powered a header into the net. It was disallowed for a push but there wasn't a push at all."
PSV host South Midlands League outfit Sun Postal Sports on Saturday at Toulmin Drive in the Herts Senior Centenary Cup. Thompson is looking forward to the test. He said: "They are the highest placed side we have ever played so it is going to be an interesting one. Anything can happen in the cup and if we show the attitude we did on Saturday I'm sure we can win."
Chris Wickens netted as Sandridge Rovers drew 1-1 with Hertford Heath in the Premier Division at the Spencer Recreation Ground. Rovers are away to Evergreen on Saturday.